Planning a picnic and need more information? Click Here
Here at The Flying W Ranch we believe we do the best picnic in the state. We offer more activities and better food selection than anyone we know of in the area. For all the activities you see listed we also have all the equipment. In addition, you don't have to bother with clean up. The Ranch will be clean when you arrive and we will clean up after your picnic. All you have to do is show up and have a good time. After all, the picnic committee should have some fun, too. You also don't have to worry with any outsiders crashing your party, as your group would have exclusive use of our facilities.
The picnic can start as early as you would like but everything must be over by 3:00 PM. Our regular nightly crowd of 1400 guests begins arriving around 4:00 PM.
The price for the picnic is more reasonable than you might think. For example, if you have 250 persons in attendance the price for all the equipment, the facilities, our delicious food and our entire western stage show is only $21.00 per person. If your count goes up to 800 persons the price would be only $20.00 per person. Children 4 & under are free. The price includes opening our train ride and running it free of charge for an hour of your choice. You also have full use of our dunk tank and striker game free of charge.
For your convenience, we can set up a Beverage Bar so that your group can purchase soft drinks or alcohol.
Our Western Village can be opened for you for an additional cost of thirty dollars per store per hour.
Our tasty Chuckwagon menu consists of BBQ beef or BBQ chicken breasts slow simmered in our special mild sauce, foil wrapped potato, Flying W red baked beans, chunky applesauce, old fashioned buttermilk biscuits,, and old fashioned spice cake.
Beverages include steaming coffee, iced tea and lemonade. Seconds are available for the "real hungry folks." Please note we have some flexibility with the menu. We can do substitutions, like steak, corn on the cob, salad, chocolate cake, etc.
After enjoying a truly sumptuous repast, you will be thoroughly entertained by the world's second oldest cowboy band, the Flying W Wranglers. Their rich vocals and three and four part harmonies combined with instrumental virtuosity and family friendly bunkhouse humor tops off a corporate event at the Flying W that will long be remembered.
The following activities and amenities are offered at the Flying W Ranch.
1. Three (3) permanent volleyball courts
2. Baseball field complete with bleachers, back-stop and home run fence
4. Striker game (test of strength, hit with mallet, ring bell)
5. Four (4)horse-shoe pits
6. Train rides for the kids
7. Big wheel races
8. A very large new children's playground with swings, jungle gyms & such
9. Complete basketball court built on asphalt
10. If bad weather, we have an area inside and heated for 1400 persons
11. Money hunt in wood shavings
12. Frisbee toss at rings in air
13. Bean bag toss
14. Water balloon toss
15. Sack races
16. Tug of war
17. Bingo with all the equipment, PA system, and hard cards for 500
18. We have lots of restrooms.
19. We furnish parking lot attendants so everyone's car will be parked where if they have to, they can leave early.
20. Most importantly, we want your business and will work hard for you. We are lucky enough to enjoy what we do, and that really makes a difference.
At this point, we still have available dates, but this is the time of year that we begin to receive bookings.
For more information please contact our Sales Office at 719-598-4000 or email email@example.com